volunteer at SAFE?
- SAFE can help you commit to ending the negative impact of domestic and sexual violence in our community.
- Engaging in community volunteer work can be very satisfying. Our goal is to make your volunteer experience with us a fulfilling and meaningful one.
- Volunteering at SAFE is an incredible opportunity to use your unique qualities and build new ones. Both current volunteers and staff come from diverse backgrounds and are eager to share.
new faces, make new friends and feel good about the investment you are making
in your community.
Be part of the SAFE Team
Volunteers become part of the foundation of our agency, playing a substantial role in SAFE’s efforts to expand on existing services, new services and resources. We welcome you to become a vital team member and bring your ideas and suggestions to help SAFE develop and grow as an agency and community.
- Administrative support
- Board Membership
- Chaperone children's events
- Childcare provider
- Children's support group aide
- Donation management
- Fundraising and event planning
- Grant research
- Grant writing
- Hotline support / Crisis intervention
- Lawn maintenance
- Maintenance and repairs
- Public awareness
- Shelter support
- Special projects
- Support group facilitator
- Tech support (computers, servers, webdesign, etc.)
When you become a SAFE volunteer, you join a widespread movement to eliminate violence against women and men. In the short-term, SAFE volunteers provide direct aid to adults and children fleeing violence. In the long-term; our volunteers work to build a society where all people can live their lives free of violence and fear.
SAFE Volunteers receive free training and support to do this work successfully – training certifications range from 4 hour training to a 32 hour comprehensive training. Due to the sensitive needs of our clients and the depth of our services SAFE requests a 6 month or longer commitment from its volunteers.
To learn more about SAFE’s Volunteer Program and how you can get involved,